Mold Remediation Services Understanding Mold
Microscopic mold spore exists naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, so removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Mold Remediation is much more than just cleaning up the mold. At Northeast Water Remediation, Inc, we pride ourselves in following industry strict protocols, consider the following facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float in the air. They may enter your home through windows, doors or the HVAC heating system.
- Mold spores live on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into when exposed to water.
- Even higher than normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep your indoor humidity level below 45%.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, mold may return.
- Have your home and mold infested area properly tested to establish a baseline of work to be performed to remediate.
Mold Remediation Process
- Inspection and Assessment of Mold Damage Area
- We will ask questions to help us understand and identify your mold issue. We will inspect your property for visible signs of mold.
- We will require you hire an independent third party company to test the mold inside/outside of your home or business at a certified laboratory to establish a baseline for remediation.
We will use various containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold. A negative air chamber will isolate the contaminated area with a physical barrier and negative air pressure will keep mold spores from spreading during the clean up process. All heating and cooling fans will be turned off to prevent the spread of mold.
We use air scrubbers and filters to capture microscopic mold spores out of the air. As well cleaning with HEPA vacuums to assure mold spores are not released to adjacent areas to prevent further contamination.
Removing Mold Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. We will clean surfaces with Shockwave Mold Remediation cleaner and encapsulate surfaces with IAQ 6000 encapsulation. To eliminate mold colonies and help prevent others from forming. Removing and disposing of mold-infested materials, (Drywall, Insulation, Plywood, and Rugs) is necessary to remediate the area. We will also clean and sanitize your personal belongings that may have been affected in the mold area. When the mold infested area is cleaned and encapsulated, we will call the previous party that originally tested the mold area, to come back and give you a final air clearance to show that the mold has been remediated and the existing levels are safe.